Sunday, November 19, 2006

Journal painting..

This week I had a surprising amount of spare time, so I used it to goof off and recollect. :) I actually feel like I'm ready to start painting and sketching again. So here's a study I did tonight of my one, and only, emergency purse (I'm typically a backpack person). The thing I like most about acrylics.. is that I can invent all kinds of trippy colors and I don't have to worry much about the painting becoming mud. I can just play with it until something starts to look "right". :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well the colours look splendid together, and that little splash of burnt sienna (or whatever) under the strap is perfect... love the comp too!

cheers,
gord
www.gordonleverton.com

Megan Wolfe said...

Thanks! I like leaving my studies a little sketchy in some areas.. like with the strap. :)

Lynette said...

Such a beautiful spot of color...perfect!

Linda Blondheim said...

I love this painting.Beautiful and fresh.

Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheim.com