Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sociology #2

For the past couple of weeks I've been kicking around ideas for Sociology #2. Today, at home, sick, I decided to "screw planning" and jump in.

It couldn't have worked out better. My original plan was to make the art in #2 less conceptual, and slightly more representational. There's the tease for you. This is the cover image:

The zine is still not finished yet, of course, and it might not be until after the Open Studio on October 26th, but I couldn't be happier. It'll be super cool when it's done.

Stay posted!

5 comments:

Piya said...

Uh, wow. I thought the painting was a slowly rendered piece. It was only when I magnified it that I realized it was a minimal brush painting. That's an amazing understanding of your media. Good job Meg!!!

free[k]hand said...

Amazing strokes, wow!
Last weeks I've been studying (not so deep) about chinese painting in order to paint a white fan some friend sent me from Shanghai (with 2 fantastic chinese brushes). After finishing (if you want to see the fan you must come to Bologna, I'll not post it, I'm embarrassed) I decided I'd like to live another life just to learn chinese painting.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Great! I am anxious to see #2!

Megan Wolfe said...

Piya > Thanks, dude! :) I like working with sumi because it looks nice, especially when things are quick and minimal. It's an expressive media.

Miguel > Also, thanks! :) Sorry to miss out on seeing the fan, but definitely post up some sumi stuff! :D It's a great medium, and I miss working with it more often.

Karen > Keep your eyes peeled! I plan to do another little give away once it's done. :)

eltoromuerto said...

Sorry I missed no.1 but definately put me down for the next one!