Friday, December 08, 2006

Blog color?

So I posted a request on wetcanvas.com for a critique on my blog, and the overwhelming consensus was that the grey background was too dreary (hmm.. might have to remodle the rest of the site also). I could change the background back to its original white color, but I really want something more unique. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll probably start dabbling with the color this weekend, or shortly after finals.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Hi Megan, honestly after looking again, I really like the gray background because of the black/white line art and it makes the color pics stand out so beautifully! I wouldn't redo a thing...and if you're like me, you're scared to mess with the template anyways LOL! I'm always scared if I mess with it, the whole thing will be lost!

Megan Wolfe said...

That's what I think about it too. :/ I feel like the grey pops out the artwork more. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try something new. :) And I can always change it back again later.

akt said...

I agree with above poster. The grey helps pop out the BW and any color paintings you have. Dreary? well... hmmm... i guess if you add some blocks of other grey, it may break it up a bit... or maybe a muted tan, blue, and orange? GASP, that's blogger's colors :P

try something different, doesnt hurt... maybe a warm grey... or cool grey. Something saturated probably blahhhhhh.

Dang, it's 430am.