Sunday, May 18, 2008

Commissioned Blackbirds, New Sketch, and Artist T-Shirts at the Gap

I've been a little busy lately, so I thought I would post a commissioned piece I completed recently. "Two Blackbirds" is 4.5x7 inches, graphite on bristol.

But this isn't the reason for my hiatus. Truth be told, I'm in the process of leaving the 9 to 5 day job in favor of being a full-time artist and occasional art instructor. It's a little scary, just because it's a big change, but I'm really looking forward to it. There's a lot of things I've been wanting to do, field trips for my work, that I never had time to do before. It should be fun, and I'll let you know how things turn out.

I also uploaded a new Sketch for 05/19/08.

On the flipside of things, have you seen the new Whitney Biennial Artist t-shirts at the Gap?

No comments: