Sunday, July 06, 2008

Late Happy 4th, and Finished Work

Happy 4th, and a happy long weekend! We spent ours molesting mannequins at Macy's (see pic above).

Unfortunately, Sunday, it's back to work. Besides my own work-in-progress, I'm working on a commission, and editing reception pics for Fecal Face (Fifty24SF has an amazing show this month).

But I can't show any of that stuff yet, so, as a substitute for awesomeness, here's the previous piece, finished.

(P.S. Attempting to adjust the format of Afterthoughts to match MegWolfe.net.. So far, it doesn't work.)

6 comments:

juj said...

Happy Fourth to you as well. Great piece - thanks for sharing. I really love the negative space. Actually, your use of negative space is one of the things I like most about your work in general. That, and your absolute mastery of the medium of course.

StudioRisingStar said...

Sounds like your 4th was fun with Bert! Manaquin fun!

-Brandon

Megan Wolfe said...

Juj > You're welcome, and thanks much! :) I had a lot of fun with designing the space on this one, and I'm glad it comes across. :D

Brandon > Yep! Pretty good.. I think it's the most time we've spent together in a couple of months, lol. Hope you had a nice 4th also!

José Louro said...

It happens sometimes. People who we thougt never look at our work just said something. Thanks! Your work is the real thing. Honestely.

Megan Wolfe said...

Thanks for the nice words, Jose. :) And thanks for stopping by; I really dig your drawings!

suzanne cabrera said...

Molesting mannequins at Macy's...this is one free outing I've yet to try...but may have to! Looks like fun!